BECOME A MEMBER OF NILD SA
Active Members are trained Therapists who are currently working with one or more student, regardless of whether the student is their own child. These Therapists are offering either NILD Educational therapy or Group Educational Therapy or Search and Teach or Rx for Discovery Reading.
The cost for annual membership for Active Members is R850.00 (before 30 June 2018) per year. Membership fees are due by 1 July each year and will be valid from 1 July until 30 June the following year.
NON ACTIVE MEMBERS ONLY
Non-active members are trained NILD Educational Therapists (NILD Educational therapy or Group Educational Therapy or Search and Teach or Rx for Discovery Reading) who are not currently working with any students, but who wish to maintain membership status. Category 1 Non-active members foresee that their Non-active membership status will change to Active membership status in the future.
The cost for annual membership for Non-active Members is R400,00 per year. Membership fees are due by 1 July each year, and will be valid from 1 July until 30 June the following year. If a Non-active member’s status changes from Non-active to Active within the first 6 months of the year (before 1 January) the member will be expected to pay the additional R400,00 to change their Membership status to Active membership. If the member’s Membership status changes from Non-active to Active after 1 January and before 30 June, the member will not be expected to pay the additional R400,00 to change to Active membership status.
Category 2 (Associate members)
Category 2 Non-active/Associate members are trained Therapists (NILD Educational therapy or Group Educational Therapy or Search and Teach or Rx for Discovery Reading) who are not working as NILD Educational Therapists, but who wish to maintain membership status. Category 2 Non-active members (Associate members) do not foresee that their Membership status will change to Active membership status in the future.
The cost for annual membership for Associate Members is R425,00 per year. Category 2 Non-active/Associate members are not required to keep their NILD training up to date but are required to attend a minimum of 2 Area Support Group meetings per year.
Therapists who train for the first time are not required to pay membership fees immediately upon completing their training but will be expected to pay membership fees by 1 July. If new members train in the June/July, they will only be expected to pay their first membership fees by 1 July of the following year.
10% of all NILD-SA Membership fees and 10% of all Training Fees will be paid to NILD-USA annually, as an Affiliation Fee.
NILD-AFFILIATION FOR SCHOOLS
Schools that wish to be listed on the NILD-SA website need to pay an affiliation fee of R400,00 per year.
1. MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Paid-up members will be listed on the website (as Active, Non-active or Associate).
- Students will be referred to them.
- They will be allowed to attend Workshops, Mini-conferences and Area Support Groups.
- They will receive communication from the PST regarding NILD-SA.
- They will have access to libraries of CD’s, DVD’s and books. Copies of CD’s and DVD’s for each centre will be made available, and the Therapists can loan these at a cost of R10 per item. Each Area Support Group would run this facility like a book club.
- Members will receive one free Webinar per year (which NILD-SA will purchase)
RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEMBERS
- Members are to pay their annual fees by 1 July each year.
- Members are expected to attend 3 Area Support Group meetings per year. (We are aware that unforeseen circumstances sometimes arise that make it impossible for someone to attend a meeting that they had planned on attending. If such circumstances arise, a therapist will be excused and will be allowed to only attend 2 meetings for the year.)
- Members are expected to attend one NILD Webinar per year.
- All members are to obtain a copy of a Name Clearance Certificate, obtainable at any Police Station to protect NILD-SA as an Organisation in terms of the Child Protection Act and Liability Laws. This Certificate is to be attached to the Membership Application Form. The cost of this Certificate is +/- R47.00 and it is valid for 3 years.
- All members are to sign the NILD-SA Code of Conduct and send the signed copy to Leone Jenkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Therapists who live in remote areas and are unable to attend ASG meetings will be required to meet the following requirements:
- Try to attend at least one Area Support Group meeting per year, if at all possible.
- Watch the Webinars that will be available regularly throughout the year.
- Listen to some of the CD’s that will be available at your closest Area Support Group.
- Keep in touch with a Mentor – the Area Support Group Leader closest to you will assign one to you
- Contact Santie once a term, updating her on items listed above.
TRAINING NEEDS TO BE UP TO DATE
Members who have successfully completed Level 1 and have not done Level 2 within 2 years of doing Level 1 (with a 6 month grace period), will be considered Non-active members until they have had an Onsite supervision, or have handed in a video of themselves doing a therapy session with a Mentor, or a student of a Mentor, or another NILD Therapist. If it is felt that the competency requirements have been met, the Therapist will be allowed to do the Level 2 training course. The PST will consider each case and will make the final decision in this regard.
Similarly, Members who have successfully completed Level 2 and have not done Level 3 within 3 years of doing Level 2 (with a 6 month grace period), will be considered Non-active members until they have had an Onsite supervision, or have handed in a video of themselves doing a therapy session with a Mentor, or a student of a Mentor, or another NILD Therapist. If it is felt that the competency requirements have been met, the Therapist will be allowed to do the Level 3 training course. The PST will consider each case and will make the final decision in this regard.
Onsite supervisions where a Level 3 NILD Educational Therapist has to go to watch a therapy session of a Therapist who has exceeded the time limit between Levels 1 and 2, or Levels 2 and 3, will be allowed to charge R750 for this service. If the Level 3 NILD Educational Therapist has to watch a DVD of a therapy session that has been submitted for the same reason, she/he may charge R500 for this service. (We estimate travelling time + watching the session + the report back session could take 3 hours. Watching a DVD of a session and reporting back to the Therapist can take 2 hours.)
If Level 1 or 2 NILD Educational Therapists do not meet the competency requirements to continue to do the next level of training, they will be allowed to redo the Training Course and will be expected to pay 50% of the cost of the course.
Become a member
It’s an investment you won’t regret as it benefits you, the therapist, with a global group of support and resources.
Not comfortable with online payments?
That’s ok, although our online system is secure we also have a downloadable form that you can fill in and email to us and arrange payment via EFT. Download the form below, then contact us